Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lucy's Pick: Mellow Mushroom - Denver, CO

I'd like to share with you one of my favorite abodes in Denver. The Mellow Mushroom (located on the 16th Street Mall at Lawrence) provides immaculate and futuristic accommodations for when the mood strikes.

I was recently there with a couple friends for some late-night pickle vodka shots (seriously, not as bad as it sounds). The overall ambiance is a little trippy, maybe a tad too Jerry Garcia for my taste. However, as soon as that pickle vodka and goat cheese pepperoni pizza goes through your gut, you're going to be looking for a place to void.

The latrines are encased in a metallic room which shines with sanitation. I was initially impressed with the cleanliness and emptiness of the restroom, but then again, I was there on a Tuesday night when there weren't more than three female patrons to begin with. However, the scarcity of fellow pee-ers was maybe what appealed to me the most. Minimal echo, copious TP, and (the best part of all!) a Dyson AirBlade hand dryer made for one helluva latrine. I WISH I'd had to go #2 - what a treat that would have been!!

Check out their website here.

Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment