They have info on the World Toilet Summit and World Toilet Day (November 19th - mark your calendars!).
Here's their full mission statement - these folks know what they're talkin' about:
The American Restroom Association advocates for the availability of clean, safe, well designed public restrooms(1).
Our scope of our mission includes:
- Restroom design and technology,
- Restroom availability and accessibility,
- Pertinent legislation and regulations, and
- Documenting the problems faced by people who hesitate to travel or who avoid activities that put them out of range of proper toilet facilities.
Our goals are to
- Generate public relations campaigns that result in positive coverage by the press
- Address regulatory and legislative weakness
- Act as a health impact clearing house
- Survey and develop 'Municipal Friendliness Ratings'
- Communicate with other similar associations around the world
- Develop suggestions, brochures and suggested designs
- Serve as clearing house for companies and individuals promoting these products and designs
- Develop lines of communication with mall and building managers, architects, builders and other groups