Sunday, October 2, 2011

Famous Dave's, Minnetonka, MN


^^We ordered this. It's called: The Feast. It is f-ing awesome.^^

DAMN this was delicious. I had not been to a Famous Dave's in AGES. Is it the best BBQ around? Not by a landslide, but once in a while it really hits the spot. The Minnetonka branch of this franchise is sizable, and being a BBQ joint, having a poop friendly bathroom is a MUST. This place did not let me down.

First of all, it's marked by an enormous sign that can be seen from almost every corner of the restaurant. This is key. When it comes to spicy BBQ, when that urge hits you, there isn't much time. The bathroom has 3 stalls: 2 standard and 1 handicapped. A restaurant this size, in my opinion, should have at least 4, but I didn't let that knock off points.

The room was decorated with a Pocahontas theme set in a serene forest. Sweet renderings of Native American Princesses dipping their toes in a cool stream with deer lapping at the water near by... It was like having woodland Goddesses watch over you as you piss. The music from the restaurant was piped in, which I always love. It sets the tone, and covers up undesirable sounds.

The toilet was incredibly clean and well stocked with 2 full rolls of TP in the dispenser. The seat was plastic, not ceramic, so it wasn't shockingly cold to sit on like an old industrial toilet often is. Not a drop of pee, or other excrement, could be found on this seat. Also, there was a hook for hanging my purse, which just makes my day every time.

When I was finished and ready to wash up I was thrilled to be met by a completely automated hands free sink area. The faucet, soap, and towel dispenser were all motion activated, saving your clean hands from having to touch anything. This was a bit counter productive, however, because both the stall doors and the bathroom door open in, which requires you to put your hand on the door handle to get out. This is an issue because "less than one third of men and two thirds of women wash their hands with soap after going to the toilet." (British study by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine) I am not a germaphobe by any means, but I still think about how many unwashed poopy hands must touch a bathroom door in a popular restaurant, or public restroom on a daily basis.

I was also pleased to hear a good review of the men's room upon returning to my table. The urinal is a single flanked by two stalls to provide maximum privacy and eliminate the possibility of a man lacking any kind of urinal etiquette from pissing right next to you. My dinner mate was quoted to have said he "felt safe" because of this set up.

Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment