Friday, September 30, 2011

Jet Set, Minneapolis


This, my friends, is my all time favorite bar. It has all of my favorite things: Gays, Dancing, and GENEROUS pours. Getting my boyfriend drunk enough to take off his shirt while sending gay men over to get his number is also a favorite game of mine.

Jet Set Bar

This bar is always clean, the music is always great, and the crowd is always fun. If you're lucky, you can catch the local weatherman Sven dancing in all of his tiny glory with his adoring fans.

As far as bar restrooms go, this one is actually very impressive. It is located in the back of the bar, which does cause some issues with navigating crowds. The sink area is outside of the restrooms, so there isn't much crowding around where you're doing your business. Open the door to find a single stall with a plush little stool outside of it. Now, this can be great or terrible. Great: If you don't like to go into a bar bathroom alone there is a place for your gal pal to sit while you go. Terrible: If you're in there by yourself and a stranger comes in and decides to wait sitting on that stool while you're trying to relieve yourself.

The restroom itself is always clean and well stocked. I have to attribute some of this to the fact that I am often one of very few women actually in the bar. That said, however, I am glad that this restroom is not neglected. Jet Set is catering to the needs of all of its patrons, and for that I am grateful.

The restroom is juxtaposed right behind the DJ booth, so the loud bumping music and base will mask 99% of sounds emitted during your visit. This is always a points booster for me, as I am living in constant fear of ripping a large fart on the bowl that echoes through the silence and reaches the ears of everyone within a 5 mile radius. I know this is a little unreasonable, but most phobias are. (PS: If you know the term for Fear of Farting, please submit to thepoopspot@gmail.com!)

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment